Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've seen those tops on the Sable before. I also think they're aftermarket because they are SO UGLY that Ford would not want to encourage their use!! That type of top definately doesn't belong on such a curved body style...

J

·
0 Posts
I've seen those on G3 Sables and Taurii - definitely do not look right... <_<

·
Registered
369 Posts
This is exactly why you can't make the Taurus a convertable.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I don't know about Gen III , but they did them on Gen II. It may have been a dealer thing but they were delivered to the original buyer that way. A guy that I work with had me look at his dads car that had one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Alright don't be hating on the landau, I have one, a 99 SE with 25th anniversary badges on it. (Midnight blue paint, gray top).

Everyone loves the car - distinctive look. Easy to find in the parking lot.

If you want to hate on the thing, hate how it was built by the 3 stooges. Brakes, rotors, resovoir tank, heater hose, brown antifreeze...what a piece of s***.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just said it was interesting not that I didn't like it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Originally posted by CincySES@Dec 8 2003, 02:37 AM
That type of top definately doesn't belong on such a curved body style...
My feeling exactly...

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
The Gen 4 would make for a wicked convertable.

-Dan

·
Registered
57 Posts
What's the thing bolted on top of the engine? I'm pretty sure I don't have anything like that on my duratec.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Originally posted by slider5634@Dec 8 2003, 05:40 AM
This is exactly why you can't make the Taurus a convertable.
Says who?

Yes, leather tops look attrotious on such a bubbly car... but to avoid that with a convertable... Get a hard top!

·
Registered
130 Posts
What's the thing bolted on top of the engine? I'm pretty sure I don't have anything like that on my duratec.[/b]
are you sure you have a 1997 because i just looked at more cars with the duratec and they all have that box in front????????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts