Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about replacing the carpet in my 03 sable, has anyone done this before? Any good cheap brands? Was it easy or a pain?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am replacing carpet on my '97 in the very near future. Not going to be difficult or costly.

Here are the details I think would be involved:

1) remove the front seats (4 bolts each) and disconnect seat belt wire before lifting out of car.
2) pop up the rear seat (press in and lift up)
3) carefully remove 4 door sills (plastic trim)
4) remove center armrest

Prices range from $115 to $215 + shipping depending on carpet type

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/mercury,2002,sable,3.0l+v6+ohv,1387841,interior,flooring,1264

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you dont have any idea how hard it is to change the carpet then you would be better off letting gomer pyle work on your car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you dont have any idea how hard it is to change the carpet then you would be better off letting gomer pyle work on your car.
As mentioned, it isn't a big deal; although I don't have a floor shifter to deal with if that would even matter. If you want cheap...run down to your local U Pull and grab one. I did that this summer. It comes out in one large, molded piece. Layed it out on the driveway and shampooed it thoroughly. Let it air dry for a couple days and it looks very presentable. Then again, my '04 has 250K miles on it and I wasn't overly concerned that it look brand new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you considered doing this by yourself? My father-in-law has replaced the carpets in my car and in my husband's minivan. All I know is that he ordered the fabric and then cut it and adjusted it to our vehicles. If it wasn't him, I would call these guys: Wet Carpet | Water Damage Drying Reliable Flood Restoration Solutions in Campbelltown - Prime Flood Damage Restoration and have them clean the floor and the carpets really, really well. At least, this is what I used to do before getting married, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts