Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can run me a carfax on a 1994 Taurus SHO ATX

VIN:1FALP54P3RA197711

Im looking to buy this car pending a carfax report, so anyone that can do it, thank you very much! You can e-mail it to me if you want at [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Nick S

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Was a lease vehicle, and not the actual milage....print this and negotiate the price DOWN!

Brad

ALERT! Severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1994 FORD TAURUS SHO (1FALP54P3RA197711). This vehicle does NOT qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.
CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1994 FORD TAURUS SHO (1FALP54P3RA197711) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This sedan has had 3 owners and was owned in Michigan and Illinois. It was originally registered as a corporate fleet vehicle. It was owned by a company that manages its own fleet of vehicles. These vehicles are typically used by smaller companies like banks or firms for business purposes.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It was issued a Not Actual Mileage title by an Illinois DMV. This title is issued when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
It was not reported to a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported to DMV
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check Odometer Problems Reported to DMV
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported to DMV
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 3 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Originally Registered as a Corporate Fleet Vehicle
5. RECALL CHECK
Recall Information Is Now Available From FORD
6. WARRANTY CHECK
No Data Reported to CARFAX
Year/Make/Model: 1994 FORD TAURUS SHO

Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine: 3.2L V6 SEFI DOHC SHO
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: UNITED STATES
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 5-digit Odometer

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brad. The car looks nice inside and out, haven't driven/started it yet. Its being sold by the boss of a little mechanic shop about a mile away from my house. The odometer reads 152,### on it, but the carfax states the mileage to be incorrect for some reason (but states that the odometer has not been rolled back) which I assume that it may have broke. Carfax also has stated the vehicle has a mileage incorrect title, that it should be sold with and I assume that that will tell the correct mileage (or atleast how far it may be off).

How much would you think I should shoot for? The tires look fairly new (80% tread life left). The paint does need a good clay/polish/waxing, 2 rust bubbles started on the roof. Has the factory moonroof, the rear seat (all leather, not half/half) looks to not even be worn, and the fronts seem to be well taken care of, along with a pretty clean interior.

Thanks alot for the carfax and ur help!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by SaturdaysVulcan@Sep 21 2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks Brad. The car looks nice inside and out, haven't driven/started it yet. Its being sold by the boss of a little mechanic shop about a mile away from my house. The odometer reads 152,### on it, but the carfax states the mileage to be incorrect for some reason (but states that the odometer has not been rolled back) which I assume that it may have broke. Carfax also has stated the vehicle has a mileage incorrect title, that it should be sold with and I assume that that will tell the correct mileage (or atleast how far it may be off).

How much would you think I should shoot for? The tires look fairly new (80% tread life left). The paint does need a good clay/polish/waxing, 2 rust bubbles started on the roof. Has the factory moonroof, the rear seat (all leather, not half/half) looks to not even be worn, and the fronts seem to be well taken care of, along with a pretty clean interior.

Thanks alot for the carfax and ur help!
With those problems, I wouldnt offer him more than 1100 for it.

-DC

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my dad had spoke with the guy, and he wants $2500 for it no less. YEAH RIGHT, good joke buddy! Lets recap the negatives

-Unknown actual mileage (odo. says 152,000 so thats the minimum)
-3 Rust spots that I have seen
-Leased, but im sure it already had all of its problems

The good
-Moonroof
-Leather seats look excellent
-Fairly new tires (80%+ tread life)
-New brakes
-New valve cover gaskets

Now is it worth $2500 :censored: no!

He claims that it was a one owner, so either hes a liar, or doesn't do his homework, and he never mentioned the "Not Actual Mileage title". Good luck with selling it.. unfortunately someone who doesnt do their homework will, and they'll be sad.

[rant on/] Gah can't people sell cars for what their really worth! Damn high mileage Taurus' aren't worth what people are wanting for them, and I never can find a deal. I found a 93 with 147000 miles, and a SHO shop trans, but the trans needs to be put in. So it has to be towed and the trans installed. I dont have any more money then 1800, which I could get the car for, but no one will install it for cheap! [rant off/]

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
you should show what brad found to him, print it out. or call him up and tell him you ran a carfax and see what he says, he might be a good guy who doesn tknow (though i doubt it), or it may turn out to be pretty funny... did you guys ever hear that story about a guy that found a crook (similar to this one) that was selling a boat that was a HUGE piece but he advertised it as brand new and with dual inboards and all these lies, and someone posted the number in their forums (like these) and got everyone in the forums to call and mess with him... LETS DO IT!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts