Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently seen this 1993 Ford Taurus for sale and it seems to be a steal for the price. I figured I could always use it for a backup, if not for parts.

Here's the VIN:

1FALP5344PG205686

If I could get a CarFax report, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
250 Posts
hey--if it isn't any trouble, could you run a report on my car? i'm the second owner and, judging by the maintenance that i've needed to have done, i'm guessing the previous owner did not take very good care of the car. thanks.
VIN: 1FAFP53SXXG306792

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Originally posted by Jeckler@Jul 26 2004, 02:19 PM
http://www.carfax.com/cfm/FSBO.cfm?report=CFX000006794078

Pay attention to the part about mileage.
Ya know...those cars have a 5 digit odometer...so something like 133756 would appear as 33756 on the odometer. I bet thats the error that happened....cause the gen 2 didnt get a 6 digit odo till late 94 and all 95 models if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yea, I wasn't sure, my '95 has a 6 digit odo. :)

Geoff, I'll run yours as soon as UnDeR EsTiMaTeD lets me know he's seen his, as it uses the same link. My sub runs out next Monday I think. Here's the summary though....

The story of this 1999 FORD TAURUS SE/COMFORT/SPORT (1FAFP53SXXG306792) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This sedan has had 2 owners and was owned in Indiana. The first title for this sedan was reported to CARFAX by an Indiana DMV in 1999.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 14,421 miles per year, which is slightly lower than than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 09/17/2003, was 54,930 miles.
It was not reported to a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I dunno, I have a 93 GL with a six-digit.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Hmm....Al (Qwertz) told me that some 94's had em. Oh ya...SHO's got em before for some reason. Should have mentioned that. Ill see if I notice anything more specific when I'm on EBay or maybe someone else knows?

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Carfax is practically meaningless. A bad Carfax is definitely something to worry about, but a good Carfax and $0.25 will get you a cup of coffee and nothing more.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
My 93 had a 6 digit, and my 94's got a 5 digit, both sables.

The registry can also screw up mielage also. I registered and titled a 91 volvo 240 with 130k miles on it, when I got the title a few weeks later it showed 13k miles?

Someone dropped a few zero's somwhere along the line.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the Carfax. The odometer error might be because of a the 5 digit odometer, but it also might be because the engine was replaced by Ford at 105k.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Jeckler, if you have a chance, I have one more for you to run, if possible

1fabp35x8mk192280

It's for a 91 Tempo, Just curious on whats up with it......

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
32 Posts
would u be able to check my car too? sorry if its a hassle for u.. just ever since i got my car i've had to do so many dumb ass repairs on it n now its not even starting.. so i'm just wondering wuts up.. n i also think its been in an accident because the passenger side just seems weird.

VIN: 1FALPS2U7SG327291

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Thank you very much there Jeckler, I have viewed it and printed it off

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by SixFoFalcon@Jul 26 2004, 07:17 PM
Carfax is practically meaningless. A bad Carfax is definitely something to worry about, but a good Carfax and $0.25 will get you a cup of coffee and nothing more.
I second that. I know for a fact that my car has been in 2 accidents (nothing major) but CarFax only list one accident and it lists it as a no damage accident. These were both almost 2 years ago so the excuse of it might not have hit their reports yet is not a valid one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts