Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a bad idea, but may not be accurate.

According to carfax, my 1995 taurus has never been wrecked. BUT
There is some body damage that is hard to see.
One of the hinges needed replaced, and FORDS just don't go thru door hinges.

AND, last night i pulled the carpet out of the taurus to clean it completely, and what do i find? Shattered glass under the carpet. Not a lot, but it was there.
AND, my 1999 Buick Lesabre, I ran a carfax, and while everything was "ok", it only dated to 2000. This year is 2004. Hmmm, so what the hell happened in the last 3 years?

Guys, I am not b****ing about carfax here, but kinda wondering why their records are so shady?

·
Registered
933 Posts
don't believe everythign you read on a carfax report
there have been many people complaining about problem with them. I have heard or several people in legal battles with carfax to get refunded for false reports they have run on cars. based on the evidence, good chance that it was wrecked. and if it were minor, or if the previous owner had the ability to body work himeself, may not have ever left a paper trail that it ever happened. think about it, if someone slips off of an icy road and clips a tree, is able to drive home just fine, and just so happens to own a body shop, how would the insurance companies and/or carfax ever know it happened?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do think my car got smacked pretty good, i would say the whole passenger side front half was ruined, cause problems are just wierd.
the keyless entry and airbag system are shot, might i add.

PLUS, the dealer pulled up the carfax REAL fast when we bought it, kinda like trying too hard to cover it up. (Like when you have a fake ID with a different name, and your friends make a point to call you by your fake ID name 10 times at the door
)

·
Registered
887 Posts
And then they put BS on there like a repainted bumper! Someone slightly scuffed my bumper (less than 5 mph for sure) but it had to be repainted and the stupid carfax lists my car as having been in an accident now....all because a cop happened to be there at the time, so a report was filed.....

P.S. It was an old man who was literally on the way to the eye doctor who bumped me!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
It all depends on where you take your car to be serviced or if you reported the accident. Even then, a lot of the time the report isn't put into carfax. If you take your car to an independent shop, chances are they won't bother reporting it.

I think this service should either be shut down or have a disclaimer saying that this may be only partial information.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I was in an accident in August 2002. The cops were there and the insurance compaies was involved. There was about $1700 of damage that was payed for by the insurance company. I pulled up a free Carfax around April '03 and they didn't list the car as being in an accident. Shouldn't they have listed it?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Mar 1 2004, 08:30 PM
I was in an accident in August 2002. The cops were there and the insurance compaies was involved. There was about $1700 of damage that was payed for by the insurance company. I pulled up a free Carfax around April '03 and they didn't list the car as being in an accident. Shouldn't they have listed it?
I think the general conclusion that can be drawn in: carfax sucks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts