Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery was dead this morning because it was so cold last night. I had to walk 2 blocks to my mothers house to get my Chevy Van which has been sitting for 3 months. Of course the Chevy starts right up every time when it is sitting. I had to blow the thing through the 4 foot snow bank it was behind and drive with a window broken out to get to work. Then I boosted the Taurus after work and let it run awhile thinking the battery would be charged enough. An hour later I tried to start it and no go. I had to buy a new battery. Of course they didn't have the right one in stock and I didn't want to be driving all over starting and stopping with a messed battery so I bought an Exide Coil Cell battery 770 CCA. Mad Vulcan starting powah. Of Course it is too tall and doesn't fit in the battery tray right so I need to rig something tommorrow to stock the positive post from contacting the hood and shorting out.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Yeah, that's when the loss of cold cranking amps on the old batteries comes up. It took me about 15 seconds to get mine going this morning. Normally it's a matter of 3 seconds.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah, I'm fairly close to you guys (Erie) and if we get a few more of these super-cold days I am gonna be out of luck one of these mornings. It's starting to crank pretty slowly. If I was smart I'd go get a new battery before it dies, but I probably won't. I guess 5 years isn't bad for a battery tho.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by dIESEL600@Jan 17 2004, 03:31 AM
Yeah, I'm fairly close to you guys (Erie) and if we get a few more of these super-cold days I am gonna be out of luck one of these mornings. It's starting to crank pretty slowly. If I was smart I'd go get a new battery before it dies, but I probably won't. I guess 5 years isn't bad for a battery tho.
My battery was 60 months/5 years old but it is the OE Ford battery and it is a Silver 84 month battery. I could have gone to Ford and collected on the warranty but that would have cost more then I paided for a smaller battery just because it says Ford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts