Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got a used 2003 Sable LS with the Duratec. Nice car. One little problem with starting the car. :blink:

Sometime when you get back into the car and try to start it, nothing happens. I played with the shifter, with the remote, lock and unlock, got in and out repeatedly each time using the remote. But I'd try to start the car and would get nothing but lights. No noise, no nothing.

So then I got out and locked the car with the remote, and then unlocked it with the key, got back in and started it. (The shop I had it at to fix the a/c later in the day said they hit the lights and then it started....)

Sounds like a nasty little computer problem..or something with the anti-theft stuff. this thing has the keypad on the door, which I haven't used yet (i'll look for the code on the fuse box, saw the post on that) and one key and remote.

Anyone been here and done this?

Thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the club! B)

Sorry I can't be of much assistance, but does the car have less than 36k miles on it? If so, take it into a dealership and they should fix it for free. :)

also, you could go to a Lincoln-Mercury dealership, sometimes they are a little better than the regular Ford dealerships. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I would reprogram the PATS fob. The dealership should help you out on how to do it, or someone else here could help. It sounds like the PATS is disabling the ignition until it gets a signal from the fob.

Good luck , and welcome to the club!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts