Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( I have a huge problem I can't start my car at all. for the past week it has been doing this but it always starts until today. You try to start and the starter kicks in but it won't turn over I tried a fuel cleaner and nothing. I also have a problem when i stop at light when I push the gas pedal to go the engine revs but the car does not move like its in neutral. Can anyone please help I know very little about cars and my father who normally helps fix knows nothing of the newer models ( he rebuilds classics) I am 5 months pregnant with no money any info or help I can get would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
if it was a fuel problem, the car should still roll over, just not fire.

i would check the battery. can you get the lights inside to come on? if so, are they dim?

as for the transmission, sounds like it's slipping. could be some obscure sensor, but i don't know much about transmissions. someone else here will though, i'm sure.

B

·
0 Posts
For the starting problem, we'll need to determine whether it's spark or fuel related. If you can, have your Dad check for spark while you're cranking the engine. Then check for fuel pressure at the fuel rail. There's a valve on the fuel rail that looks like a tire valve. Carefully depress the center of it, with a rag around it, and see if there's fuel pressure coming from there. It should be a pretty strong blast, so be careful. If the fuel just sort of dribbles out, then there's a fuel problem.

The revving problem at a stop light definitely sounds like a transmission problem. Make sure the transmission is full of fluid first. If it is, the transmission may be starting to go.

We're here to help you, and we'll do as much as we can to get you safely back on the road again. Good luck with the pregnancy, my wife and I have four kids, what an adventure! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts