Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A while ago, I got my 1993 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2 L serviced, because it failed to start. I believed it was the fuel pump, and had it replaced. It still wouldn't start, the shop checked it out, and it turned out to be a bad connector (located under driver's side carpet) - which they ddin't replace, they instead reconnected the harness fully, and the car worked.

Since then, I've had to unplug/replug said connector several times (after locating it, there are several harnesses near the same location. Connector color is black). I believe the fuel pump isn't getting power because of it, but I'm not sure. This morning, the car wouldn't start again, and trying to unplug/replug the connector didn't work. I don't mind getting the part replaced (if that is the problem). I just want to know if anyone can identify this part so I can determine how much it's going to cost me, and if the car is worth repairing at this point.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's a 14 pin connector, although it appears that only 12 are in use. I have other pictures if needed.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts