Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I changed my upper rad hose due to a large bulge in the old one... Now the car wont start. Normally when i turn the key on i can hear the fuel pump start but it does not do that now. Now the engine fan kicks on. I was standing in the rain while replacing the hose... Could it just be moisture on some electrical components?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does it turn over? maybe you bumped something when you changed the hose. look in the area you were working and check to make sure everything is connected and snug.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea its cranks over continuously but will not fire up.. I checked the area and everything I can see is connected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ooo good idea thanks.. Ima go check it.

EDIT:
Nope no go.. On a side note when I went to try to start it this time the battery was very low. When I left it earlier it was cranking just fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I dont know what I just did but it worked. My car is running. I used my hand and hit the Integrated relay controll assy for the fan. Lightly not to damage anything and also jiggled the wire connecter a bit and it started working.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My thoughts were since it was raining during my hose replacement maybe one of the connecters had water in them.. A little shake or something might have worked and it did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts