Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Ford Taurus 24V DOHC 88000 miles. The car seems like the accelerator is stuck sometimes, but it is just not coming down out of gear. This happens very sporadically. The only solution I have found is to kick hard on the accelerator to rev it up so it unsticks. If I am not in a position to do that I have to put it in neutral, at which point the tackometer goes off the chart, but still have to press hard the pedal to rev it up and it finally comes down. Had the issue with it idleling high as well. The mechanic replaced the idle air control motor and "serviced" the throttle body. This did not fix the problem and I took it back to mechanic. They have had it for 3 weeks and can not figure it out. I need this fixed before I sell the car. Any suggestions as to what the problem is?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Might be the IAC sticking open.
I was going to say the same thing. I just replaced mine a month or so ago, and it cured it for a while. But now it seems to be acting up again. :(

·
Registered
23,352 Posts
^^^If not a binding throttle cable, tps is worth looking into as the poster said iac has been replaced (as long as it was not a faulty one).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts