Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was leaving work and the car would not go into drive(it was about 37 outside) so, I waited about ten minutes for the car to warm up and then it went into gear and I started driving away .When I had to start giving it alot of gas to get it to go 10 mph .I got about half way home and at a red light it just wouldn't move.I ended up getting it towed home and thats where it sits.It wont go into any gear .I checked the fluid level and it looked ok and not burnt.My car has 151,000 miles and if I cant get it to work im going to send it to the Junk Yard..PLEASE HELP...

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
If it wouldn't shift into gear while moving I'd blame the VSS, but it sounds worse than that. Having to slam the pedal to get any power could be a sign of electrical problems (ie. moisture) but it seems much more likely that the tranny has decided it's quittin' time.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Its probably the pump. The pump siezed and either snapped the shaft or chewed the splines out of the T/C.
Or the forward clutch is gone, but you wouldn't know for sure until you took it apart.
If the body is in good shape, R&R the tranny and keep on truckin'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just removed both tranny pans and I did find a lot of metal shavings on the magnet on the lower pan I did not find the Trans pump totally bad..Whats my problem . If it needs a rebuild im ready to start it.But if there is another step I could do..Im totally up to sugestions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts