Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 93 SHO knowing it has tranny issue.I only do not have OD in it.I havnt had the chance yet to see if the c clip is broke.Other than that,she runs really good.
But now the car will not start in park..I have to go to neutral to start it and when I put it in park,the car keeps rolling.I have to put down the handbrakes to keep it still.what gives?
And I have a bad exhaust leak somehwere under the hood.I havnt checked it yet,but I am figuring a cracked exhaust manifold or a blown gasket somewhere.
Any ideas on the starting issue will help.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I believe there is a sensor that tells the car when it's in park. That sensor might have been bad. Can someone else explain what I'm talking about?

JR

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I'd look into seeing if the gear selector cable is adjusted properly. I have a feeling that the transmission itself may not be in park when the gear selector inside the car says it's in park. That would explain the car being free to roll when it's supposed to be in park. If the neutral safety switch is on the transmission and not in the dash, that would also explain the no crank in park.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
That could also be the reason that you do not have overdrive as well, it might be holding it just out of the overdrive range, so that's definitly somthing to check

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.
I will have it all checked out soon.I really dont think the tranny is bad,just have something wrong somewhere.I hope :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts