Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I live in Indiana and it was snowy so i did some donuts and then some more and then some more. Now when I drive my car it shakes. Its not the road. The passenger headrest shakes and when my friends sit in the back they notice its. It wasn't like this 2 weeks ago. What need to be done. I hope i didn't bend a rim ( had a friend do this to his subaru). I think i need a balance or alignment. My friend who works at a shop will do the balance for free. What should i do?

·
Registered
307 Posts
if you where using your e-brake make sure its not on. you may have pussed it in enough and the light on your cluster may be out

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
If you were using your e-brake, you may have worn a flat spot on your rear tires. I did that to a set of tires once and it made noise and caused the car to vibrate.

-Dan

J

·
0 Posts
It it was plenty snowy and/or icy, you shouldn't have worn a flat spot - I bet it's just a balance problem. My car shook horribly with my old tires that wouldn't balance correctly (once they got REALLY out of balance).

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Feb 12 2004, 04:37 PM
If you were using your e-brake, you may have worn a flat spot on your rear tires. I did that to a set of tires once and it made noise and caused the car to vibrate.

-Dan
I was thinking the same thing, but only if there was very little snow/ice, and/or bare/wet spots.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Maybe you just have snow and or ice built up on the inside of you rims. This would cause the wheel to be way out of balance and shake like crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Thats what happened to mine. Make sure there isnt any snow inside the wheels and if it still shakes get the wheels balanced.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I think yous got mud in your tires. I hear you guys are pretty famous for your mud

1 - 9 of 9 Posts