Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving lately, and for quite awhile now, when I stop at a red light or anything that requires a stop, my car is constantly going from about 700rpm, dropping to 400-500rpm, shaking, then quickly resuming the normal idle. I know it doesnt have to do anything with the AC because that's been off for awhile, but I would like to fix it. Ivw read about an idle air control valve that regulated the idling rpm, but cant find any info as to if my car has one, and if so, where it is.

08 Ford Taurus

·
Registered
29 Posts
Get yourself a cheap OBDII scanner off Amazon and download Forscan, Torque, or some other scanner program. Invaluable for diagnosing problems like this that could have a million causes. You'll wonder how you ever got by without it.

Then you can start pulling any codes (some codes won't throw an engine light) or monitor sensor readings when the car is acting up and narrow down what's going on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
IAC is located on the right side. Look for a black looking box behind the battery and then follow the big tube that leads to the throttle on top of that is the IAC. Message me and I can send you pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts