Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, Bling Bling Crew, here is the 411 on what has been going on with my car..

Well, here are some pics..
Before Any Work

Then after 2 days of sanding, and using glaze, It has turned out like this

I am getting my new Headlight on Friday, then I will be back out on the streets..

BTW, the people that I hit, they havent put in a claim to my insurance co. YET...
Hopefully they saw the damage, and said "Sppft, there is no damage" and then the guy driving turned to the fat lady and said "and shut up about your neck and back"

What y'all think?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I am assuming these are new accident pics, cause if I recall you wrecked the other one pretty badly.

It looks good so far.

Do you have collision on your insurance?

-D

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, this was a fender bender.. No I dont have Collision, the insurance co. would of dropped me at the 1st wreck..

Oh, BTW, I did all of that work myself

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Not bad at all FatTortoise. You are saving a ton in insurance by not claiming it. For something that simple it is worth doing yourself. I am assuming you are going to have it painted professionally though. And what no fog light inserts yet?

Keep up the good work and it will look good as new. If you deside to total the car, I want your system

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
tortoise if you don't shave some of the lead off of your right foot you will become a full on ACE Mechanic and Body Man before you're 21

X

·
0 Posts
Damn, that's some pretty damn good work man!

Now you need to go to ford and buy 4 bottles of touch up

·
Registered
102 Posts
ACE mechanic ummm dont u mean ASE because i got my L1 certification and nissan scope certified

nice work

anyone got a front bumper for a 98 sable silver just need the plastic bumper one word shopping cart hmm thats 2.

B

·
0 Posts
Looking good! You should work on getting the body shop supply house to give you a frequent customer discount.

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Jan 15 2004, 06:29 AM
Looking good! You should work on getting the body shop supply house to give you a frequent customer discount.

I got the hood out by bending it, then using a odd tool that uses a weight to bang the dent out

FYI, it doesnt really work too well, plus, you have to drill holes where the dents are..

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Originally posted by BMWevo600@Jan 15 2004, 01:29 AM
ACE mechanic ummm dont u mean ASE because i got my L1 certification and nissan scope certified
No ACE as in slick,cool, you know as in Bob thinks he is an ACE Vulcan tuner

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Most of it my Father showed me how to do it, well, he showed me on his 1964 Chevy. Then I just kinda remembered what he showed me, and did it on my car

1 - 20 of 21 Posts