Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving cross country and did my first 1700 miles and all of a sudden the car quit, tach dropped and the gas pedal came up. It felt like I was not getting gas. After about 30 minutes the car started again and I limped into a ford dealer. The young pup tech scopped the car on the obd and there was an issue either in the fuel rail or the fuel pump. Asked to have the fuel filter changed and that was done. Than a fuel gauge was hooked up to the fuel rail and we went for a ride. Pressure stayed at 30/40 pounds the whole time from idle to 70 for 15 minutes. Redid the obd and everything came up ok. The replaced fuel filter was clean and the gas that came out was clear and flowed freely.
I didn't want parts thrown at the problem so I took the car and continured on my journey. Ran the car another 300 miles and everything seems honky dory.
So the question is has anyone experienced this and what was the fix or is this a total annomily.
Would love some feedback. thanks/

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
What was the exact code? Was it for the fuel rail pressure sensor out of range? If so, be sure the electrical connector is firmly attached, as well as the vac line. WIggle the harness near the rail sensor and see if the car acts up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fuel rail pressure was between 30 and 40 pounds, electrical connector is firmly attatched, you are talking the PCM, vacuum is attatched and good, no acting with wiggling. Did 700 miles today and not nearly a blip but I've lost trust in the car until this is figured out. I have a printout from the ford dealer and all 6 injectors fired at 179 to 181 ms and I'm guessing that ms is mili seconds, first test showed injector 1 did not fire at all but I don't think that would have stalled the car out.
Can anyone put some light on this?????????????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.