Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
The only time I wasn't profiled was when I owned a former CHP cruiser, 1974 Plymouth Fury with a 440 still painted black and white. You could still make out the CHP emblems on the door and see the shiney paint read 'Highway Patrol" on the trunk were they just peeled off the decals. The car still had the push bar and teardrop spot lights on it. The car had a certified 140mph speedo too. I loved that stealthlyness of the car. The CHP used to wave at me going the opposite direction. I had it for 18 months and never got pulled over and even was bold enough to pass a CHP at dusk and wave at him. He waved back. Too bad they repaint the cars and remove all the police stuff now.
You got nailed because you stood out. I went on many ride alongs with my friend in the CHP. I found it amazing how he could spot speeder and drunks from all the other cars long before I could. My friend went after drunks. He worked the swing shift and every ride along we would nail at least 3 drunk drivers. We only went after speeder when they stood out, by speeding more than everyone else or weaving around cars.
There is an old Japanese proverb. "The nail that stands out gets hammered first"

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
ehh.. whenever there's a cop you go the limit, plain and simple. on the other hand, my '93 has club stickers, tinted windows.. slammed, and it's just a bit louder with the dynomax.. havn't had any problems with it yet. my '95, exterior is stock.. I go by cops all the time, myself going the limit and them going under.. there was once when I passed a CHP going 140+ but I guess he didn't have time or enough power to catch up.. just doing give them a reason to pull you over..

21 - 23 of 23 Posts