Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ok everyone I replaced the cmp and still getting the same results. R works great but it will lurch in D from stop to a start and then above 2000 rpms the tach revs and I can fill the power is gone. Thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I should probably also mention that the plug looks good, wires in are solid, the wire is still in the wrap and I followed it as far as I could and there is no exterior damage that can be seen to the wire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No exterior damage doesn't mean there isn't any inside. I recently had an issue with mine and couldn't for the life of me figure it out, I also had four other people look at it and two of them are mechanics. I got fed up and started taking all the plastic off the wires and found that four wires melted together. Even weirder is that once the insulation was wiped down there didn't seem to be any damage besides being a little melted. Cut the wires to get the fixed and two of them were broken inside.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
just ran the wiring back as far as I could go and it's all in one piece, no melting or breaks. Issue remains the same... :-(

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I believe the VSS is going bad, had them fail on my '99 taurus syncronized transmission and sable non syncronized transmission.

This will not kick out a code for a very long time if it ever does, very late up shift and violent at times.
Sensor is located on the top of transmission just above the passenger half shaft.
On later years they eliminated this sensor and used the brake antilock wheel speed sensors to compute VSS.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts