Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The torque convertor was recently replaced on my 2003 SEL. Every since then my car jumps forward after i've come to a stop. Problems gearing down? (Its an automatic) I'm not sure but i've taken it in twice now and they still have not fixed the issue. So im assuming it has something to do with the transmission since this never happened before i had to get this work done. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
I had this with my freestar. Took it in for service, the tech replaced the air filter and didnt put the plug back in for the MAF/IAT sensor. Plugged it back in and it's working fine. Probibly not your issue though. Are there any CEL's?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The car is probably shifting from 2-1 and causing the lunge you are experiencing, Motor / Trans mounts can cause this, when the transmission was dropped down to replace the TQ converter did the shop state anything about them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've taken it back into the shop to have a look at this problem since the work has a year warranty. They couldn't find anything wrong and didn't offer any suggestions as to what was causing it to lunge, they didn't mention anything about the mounts.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had this with my freestar. Took it in for service, the tech replaced the air filter and didnt put the plug back in for the MAF/IAT sensor. Plugged it back in and it's working fine. Probibly not your issue though. Are there any CEL's?
I had the same issue and the same solution. I did some work, forgot to plug back in the MAF sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts