Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i started to have this problem
if i stomp on the gas to pass a car or something the car jerks a couple times. it doesnt really accelerate till a couple seconds.

im thinking on getting tranny flush but I hear that that might be bad flushing the fluid could move metal shavings from somewhere to the tranny and causing more damage or something..
now im not saying its the tranny just my first thought!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
well the kind of tranny flush you are thinking of involves a machine, there are safer ways of replacing your old tranny fluid.

as for the jerking problem, is your check engine light on? get a code scan because that jerk can be one of many things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
no engine light.
doesn't happen all the time.just when like your going 55 want to pass a car ,punch the throttle accel,jerk,rpm stay the same or go down,accell, pass car, let off throttle (hills west Virgina)

also only just started and its getting cold out.
rpm seem to stay the same or go down not up.
ohh here a pic of the fluid from the dipstick
-napkin was dirty BTW, that's not rust or shavings-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so with this color look bad or normal? it smells like mechanical stuff not really burnt.
my only fear is that doing it will cause this:
flushing can take the metal filings you may have on the bottom of the tranny and move them to inside the tranny.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Call me crazy :headscratch: but I don't think that it's the transmission, I think it's the Cam synchronizer... Take a look at the TSB (Attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Sheila - Good info too, anyone that wants to have a working transmision after a flush will follow the instructions, that's for sure! :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
so with this color look bad or normal? it smells like mechanical stuff not really burnt.
my only fear is that doing it will cause this:
flushing can take the metal filings you may have on the bottom of the tranny and move them to inside the tranny.
That fluid looks really bad, good ATF should be red

If you are really concerned about the metal shavings, drop the pan and clean it out before you flush

1 - 9 of 9 Posts