Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got some new spark plugs, my service engine light is on and i was waiting to pick up my sis from school and after a little while 4or 5 min the car shakes lightly for a couple of seconds and then the rpms dropped and the car died, i restarted it fine but after a while the same thing what the heck is going on??

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Have you run the codes on it to see why the check engine light is on? If not i would recommend doing that. It could possibly help you further understand what is going on. If you don't have a code scanner yourself then go to AutoZone since they will run the codes for you for free.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i installed the stock engine motocrafts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i took my car to the autozone place and the device read 18 codes so i am taking the bull to the place they did the plugs at 3

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also on that note the guy says that it might be the spark plugs even thought the mechanic said that they were fine when he did the plugs

do you think it could be the plug wires

·
Registered
166 Posts
IF you have a warranty on the car, its best to take it there, thats what its for, I wouldn't take it to a local mechanic if you have a warranty, because if its still screwed up after it leaves the dealer, you can take it back again. The local shop could just say its nothing they did and charge you for it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
problem fixed, the guy forgot to put back on a vaccume hose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts