Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I parked my 2005 SE Taurus in a city on a lighted street with parking meters. Left the car there for 3 hours, it was locked, alarm system set & operating, windows closed tight, only one key and it was in my possession. When I returned the front windows were both wide open, glove compartment opened and all the stuff left on the front seats, had golf clubs in the truck but were not taken, nothing I could tell was stolen. Question is how can someone enter the car and then roll down the windows when I have the only key and the windows won't operate without the key in the ignition? I saw no entry marks, scratches and the hood was closed. No forced entry from what I could tell. Cops could not answer how, nor could my insurance agent or garage mechanic.

·
Registered
587 Posts
if you hold the unlock button on some new cars it will roll the windows down. not sure if your does my dads buddy noticed his doing it wile camping. so be carefull about keys in pockets to add my dad had his expidition ripped when he deactivated his alarm. keys in pocket sleeping on the coutch. i feel for you man nothing else is as upsetting :angry:.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured out how it was done. I went to Ace and had a key made without the security chip-cost $2.50 and it opens the door without setting off the alarm. It turns the ignition on, I can roll the windows down & listen to the radio but you can't start the car. Tried the key on two other Taurus cars not the same year and it worked on them too. So it was nice that they did not ruin anything inside as I never lock the glove compartment or leave anything of value in sight. They did not take my binoculars or toss away camera or CD's-thanks for little things.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Wow that's really odd...never heard of this.

All the vehicles I've had with a "Emergency Key" and Alarm, the Alarm went off when the doors were opened without the remote.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Did you use the fob or the button on the door? Like mediarocker said, my alarm goes off if I unlock the door with the key and not the remote.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I unlocked the door with the new key without the chip and then used the same key in the ignition to roll down the windows-it did not set off the alarm-just as the thieves knew it wouldn't.

·
Registered
587 Posts
either try to wire the door pin switches to the alarm or have the dealer do it. which they should have done at least that is how after market alarms work, you tie them in to evrey thing door locks etc... i would love to see some one do it to mine right now :minigunner:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't know about you but if I try to start my car with a backup key (all metal, no chip) my car will not start at all. I would get that checked out, the only keys to start my car are the factory programmed keys. My alarm is a different situation, Python 990 LoL. And as far as I know the Taurus factory alarm doesn't have the window roll down function as a factory function.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I don't know about you but if I try to start my car with a backup key (all metal, no chip) my car will not start at all. I would get that checked out, the only keys to start my car are the factory programmed keys. My alarm is a different situation, Python 990 LoL. And as far as I know the Taurus factory alarm doesn't have the window roll down function as a factory function.

ya but you can still enter the car. but the alarm will go off on mine cause mine is not a factory alarm. i know the the new i think buicks and gm vehicle come with the window roll down module. was not sure of the ford cars/trucks. you push a certin two buttons and the window roll all the way down....

·
Registered
619 Posts
Did you use the fob or the button on the door? Like mediarocker said, my alarm goes off if I unlock the door with the key and not the remote.
Sorry, I was referring to locking the doors. The only way to arm the factory alarm is with the remote. Push the fob lock button twice in a row, the horn should chirp. Once if all doors are closed, twice if anything is open ( a bad switch could cause this). If a door is seen as open, the alarm does not arm.

·
Registered
260 Posts
ya but you can still enter the car. but the alarm will go off on mine cause mine is not a factory alarm. i know the the new i think buicks and gm vehicle come with the window roll down module. was not sure of the ford cars/trucks. you push a certin two buttons and the window roll all the way down....
Reading got the best of me on that one, But I haven't had the opportunity to try and open my door with another key, I'll have to try that out. If it opens, well then... changing key mechanisms might be considered; for a unique key. Though that might be overkill since if anyone opens my door I have 2 piezo sirens that go off inside the car to uh.... get the blood rushing LoL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried locking the car and setting the alarm with my chip key-clicked it twice and the horn blew. Then I used the chipless key to open the truck-alarm did not go off. I then used the key to open the driver side door and the alarm did not go off. Inside the car I reset the lock twice and the horn sounded. I tried the key in the ignition and it worked but I could not start the engine-the red alarm light stood on and said "theft". I called an ace mechanic and he said there is a method/sequence one can use to get the car started without setting off the alarm. I will not discuss the method but it worked-so now I am able to use both keys when and if I lose the chip key. Thanks for all your input-case solved and I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The G4 isn't that advanced of a car. It will not roll down all the windows with special button presses nor unlock all the doors with special key movements in the lock.

The factory alarm system doesn't care if the key has the chip in it or not to unlock the doors, pop the trunk, or turn the ignition tumbler since those are all 1980s era mechanical parts. It only cares when you start the car and will freak out if there is no chipped key present. The alarm should not go off if you unlock the doors with the key (not the remote). I almost always use the key to unlock the car.

The factory alarm will freak out, though, if you locked the doors (via remote or inside lock) and then manually unlocked the doors from the inside (by pulling the lock stick) and then open a door.

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
I have a 98 sable without keyless entry (no fob or keypad). When you unlock either door with the key, it unlocks said door, if you repeat the procedure immediately, it unlocks the remaining 3 doors. I also have a fleet 99 taurus without keyless entry without this feature. Both have refused remote(fob) programming.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Reading got the best of me on that one, But I haven't had the opportunity to try and open my door with another key, I'll have to try that out. If it opens, well then... changing key mechanisms might be considered; for a unique key. Though that might be overkill since if anyone opens my door I have 2 piezo sirens that go off inside the car to uh.... get the blood rushing LoL.

ya reading gets the best of me too lol's. any ways i think were the only smart ones in this post to go after market. as you guys can see why they wire off the pinswitrches in the doors. power flows threw to light alarm goes off. that is the reason i do not go for factory alarms. some options they do not have sme piss you off. this way i control what i put in.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
You can also lock all the doors with 2 turns of the key on the sable.?
It's been my experience that they disabled the "All doors lock unlock" in all the G4's :mellow:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts