Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Taurus, im a college student and a couple times on drives home ive stopped to get gas (about 40 miles into the drive) and when i went to start the car on again it wouldnt start. it starts to turn over before just dying. This also happened the other day after running errands for a couple hours. any ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Fuel filter or pump? Not a lot to go on. Is check engine light on? Did it just start? Could be electrical if it is related to ignition or EGR . Any more info??
Good luck. I would just ride the bus these days!!

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
If you are having starting problems after driving some distance (that is engine got hot), a common culprit is idling control motor. It is not a difficult repair. Just a screw driver. But make sure you have the problem only when the engine is hot (or warm), and engine fires but dies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has been happening for a few months, it happened today again I got home at around 1, went to leave at 330 and it wouldnt start. The check engine light is on.

·
Registered
23,582 Posts
Next time it starts, run by an autozone or advance auto and have the code(s) read for free. Might leave it running so you can get back home, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.