Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone!

my lovely SHO is still crunched up from the deer incident about a year and a half ago. im currently storing the car outdoors on one of my dad's properties, but im starting to get concerned about a couple of things.

first, i want to try to protect the undamaged areas of the car while its sitting. it makes me sad every time i see bird crap on my once perfect car.

second, the car has expired tags and is being stored in town. in addition to the tags, the damage to the front end is quite obvious. i dont want the car to get towed, and its pretty hard to justify insuring and registering a car that i cant drive.

what im looking for is a good car cover to put on the car. the cover must be durable enough to survive Indiana winters (whipping winds, ice storms, snow, etc). my brother-in-law bought a car cover for his Sentra from Big Lots for $18, but after one storm this spring, it was in shreds. i dont want to buy something that wont get the job done.

any suggestions on car cover brands?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i have one that has been around a few years now and its holding up ok (only like 2 tears from being caught on something) not sure of the brand it says budge on it (brand? idk) the only problem is that its not very waterproof but it has held up to at least 2 minnesota winters. i am thinking for this next winter i am going to put the cover on then put a tarp over it (that way the tarp wont scuff the paint and it will be weather/water proof)

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
If you can find it, Prestige Car Cover. Been using them on my SHO's for 2 years. It's a 4 layer water proof cover with fleece lining that helps prevent the cover from wearing the paint. Not a drop of water or snow gets through that cover.

·
Registered
594 Posts
You could drop it off in Maregno next to my SHO! :rofl2:
We'll have a wrecked SHO party!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts