Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While changing the brakes, I decided to tackle the CAI intake silencer. I took everything apart and removed what I believe is the silencer (round tube w/ slots inside a muffler looking thing) I am able to put it all back together minus the tube, so it will look stock. Will this improve anything or should I remove the whole assemble from the "muffler" down.

Also if I leave the entire assembly, I notice it ends at the front air inlet in bumper. There is also a piece of plastic at the front that appears to direct incoming air into the radiator. this also blocks the front of the inlet for the CAI stock setup. Should or could this be removed or modified for a ram air type set-up. I know it will not be ram air, but you know my thought. or, will this let too much junk in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well do to time restraints, I decided to go on my own. I removed the intake piece from the "muffler section forward and removed the silencer cylender. So, basically Imy set-up stops where a Filter would be placed in the fender (still using stock filter). To prevent sucking up items(animals and small kids) I zip tied some screen material over the opening. To prevent water splash up, I am making a flap to cover opening in fender well.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gen 3 is very similar to Gen 4, basically the only difference is the shape of the silencer and some of the bolt locations. The plastic in the fenderwell should seal up well enough to prevent water/debris from getting sucked up into the intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts