Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for OEM motor mounts for my 2001 Taurus online for a few days now and it seems that they've been discontinued. I have found some Anker mounts on eBay and other aftermarket engine mounts at parts stores, but most people online say that they're garbage and don't last. Does anyone know where I can find OEM mounts or mounts that will last?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah - I'm not finding OEM new mounts. With it being 20 years old, I would imagine a wear item like that wouldn't be produced by OEM anymore.

If you absolutely need OEM, your best bet would be to call a few Ford Dealership/Service shop and ask around.

For an item like an engine mount, aftermarket will work just fine and save you quite a bit of money. If it was me in the same position, the Anker will be the best aftermarket replacement for your needs here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I read online that the Anchor mounts weren’t great and that they fail quickly. I did call a few dealerships and they told me that Ford discontinued making mounts for the 2001. Has anyone used aftermarket mounts that have lasted? If so then I’d probably use those.

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
I actually have a NOS rear motor mount for a 2001 Vulcan engine and no longer have a 2001 Vulcan. Is this what you need? I have used aftermarket trans mounts that did not last more than a few years. A lot a Ford OEM mounts were hydraulic mounts were aftermarket mounts are solid rubber. I had an issue with an aftermarket dog bone torque strut that was transmitting a lot more noise to the cabin than an OEM one.

IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg IMG_3747.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Duratec engine so that one might not fit. What’s the part number on it? I’m looking for the front, rear, and transmission mounts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I don’t think it is. Here are the part numbers I need: YF1Z-6068-AA, YF1Z-6068-AB, and YF1Z-6038-AA

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
OEM mounts are a fairy tale at this point. I've used the "Pioneer" brand on RockAuto which is a lot more expensive than the ****** china ones, seemed to be decent quality and I didn't break them yet. But I don't have mad Duratec torque either.

·
Registered
2001 Taurus SES Sedan in Chestnut
115 Posts
If all else fails use MOOG problem solvers mounts, also tighten the torque mount all the way, reduces the motor movement and 1) alot cheaper to replace than all 4(w/tranny), and 2) really easy to install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts