Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In addtion to the two styles of gauges, any input on whether to get the "Digital Inverter Upgrade" would be helpful.
If I get this gauge, should I get this Stainless Bezel too?
Thanks
Ron

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I prefer the first one and i would get the Digital Inverter Upgrade. In fact i'll have to see if these are made for gen3 :D

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
i like the second one. think of how much light the first one is going to be putting out.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I like the first set myself. I have a friend who has a set like the second one in his Sunfire and it looks good, but I just don't think it would look good in a Taurus. I have a set like the first one. My switch looks different than what they're showing on that one though cause they came from a different seller. That switch looks bulky so I would do the digital inverter upgrade. I don't find the amount of light it puts out a problem, but it is really bright. If you get the bezel, be sure to post a pic cause I was thinking about getting one too.

Wow, that turned out to be a long post for such a simple question.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I like them both, but if you're going to be doing a few hours of night driving, I'd say #2. The first one would probably lull you to sleep.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would get the second, well I actually I already did and love it. The first one looks plain during the day, being just black and white. Also, get the digital inverter, its easier to install and I wish I got it because it has more colors it can display. Don't buy the guage overlay, when you install the guages go to autozone or another autoparts store and buy a can of chrome spray paint and spray your gauge overlay chrome, the can is only like $5. Someone did that, I forget who.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,
I ordered the 2nd set. I really like the look of the first, but I agree with fanofelliottmjb and crackhead that they might be fatiguing on the eyes.
I also ordered the digital inverter. I will post pics after I get my SHO gauges and install the whole thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts