Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to hook up my 15 in sub inn trunk, i got a 99 ford taurus, and i cannot find anywhere to drill and run my power wire through, if someone could tell me or have a picture/video that would be great. thanks brent

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Behind the driver side strut tower. Above e-brake pedal from under the dash (from the inside)
(this info is in the Topic Finder under Electrical.)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Pop the hood during daylight if all else fails. You will see light coming in from under the dash through the hole.
The hole is plugged up with a grommet so looking for light wont work. The hole is above the GEM box right by the parking brake.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you have a colum shifter, there is a pluged hole on the firewall roughly in the center of the car just above the "transmission" tunnel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is there a place were i can drill through firewall like i did in truck i cant find any rubber gromets

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can drill anywhere that there isn't something on the other side, prefered method is find an existing grommet though. But when you are running 1/0 gauge you have to drill sometimes. Best bet is drill a small 1/16" hole. Then use a paper clip and carefully feel through the other side. The problem with drilling is sometimes there are two layers of metal and it makes it goofy to get a wire through.

Just pull grommets man and check, worst case scenario you put the grommet back in its hole.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Just take a drill, drill your hole, then silicone the hell out of it. Works wonders. Or, just run your power wire under the car to the trunk, and just drill though the trunk, then silicone that hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts