Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire store manager: My tech cannot balance your tire. There still is a vibration. You need a new tire. No charge.

This is what happened. Valve stem got cracks near the base on 3 wheels. Went to pepboys yesterday. They replaced the valve stems. But they knocked off weights and didn't tell me. I found it this morning. Went back to pepboys. $11 for balancing each wheel. Continental Tire, made in France, 37th week of 2006. Good tread, better than 50%.

What makes a tire un-balance-able? Thanks.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Tire store manager: My tech cannot balance your tire. There still is a vibration. You need a new tire. No charge.

This is what happened. Valve stem got cracks near the base on 3 wheels. Went to pepboys yesterday. They replaced the valve stems. But they knocked off weights and didn't tell me. I found it this morning. Went back to pepboys. $11 for balancing each wheel. Continental Tire, made in France, 37th week of 2006. Good tread, better than 50%.

What makes a tire un-balance-able? Thanks.
Belt separation, shifting. Maybe someone hit a curb with it?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Continental tires around 50% treadlife=cord movement. I could not wait to get those tires off my Taurus. Nice that the tire place you go to would warranty them like that. You will have to replace the others soon, as you will start to notice vibration on the hwy from the other tires, as those will soon have cord movement as well.

·
Registered
790 Posts
^^ QFT

Also, treadwear and natural movement of the rubber will move the heavy/light spots in the tire, sometimes the tire's weight spots move or are too much for even a 'match mounted' tire to be within spec of not having vibration. They used a coats or hunter tire balancer equipped with roadforce balancing i assume?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts