Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have a quick question that's probably over my head but I'm curious anyway.

Is it possible to make my key fob lock and unlock my '00 Taurus while the car is running? My girlfriends Buick does that and it's very convenient because I can take the ignition key off the ring and start the car, then lock it with the key fob and go inside while the car warms up. Is there any particular reason my car won't do that?

Thanks
-Akeru

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Just the way Ford wired it up. No real way around it unfortunately. Unless you install a keypad, best way would be to get a non-chipped key copy made and use that for the doors to unlock/lock.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Really? I guess the SJB doesn't have the programming for that like the CJB+GEM setup does. Good to know...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Only the touchpad on the drivers side will do that, there isn't a way to make the remote work. I love having the touchpad for that reason, when I return movies. I don't take my eyes off the car while it's running, though, in case someone breaks into the window to drive off with it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
im able to do it with my 04 every so often if i keep hitting the button a bunch of times. but i know there is something with the wiring that wont allow me to do it all the time. its like the car that prevent you from looking your keys in your car while its running. Ive tried it a couple times and the doors keep unlocking automatically pretty much telling me "hey dumbass your keys are still in the igniotion with your car running" type if thing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
im able to do it with my 04 every so often if i keep hitting the button a bunch of times. but i know there is something with the wiring that wont allow me to do it all the time. its like the car that prevent you from looking your keys in your car while its running. Ive tried it a couple times and the doors keep unlocking automatically pretty much telling me "hey dumbass your keys are still in the igniotion with your car running" type if thing.
If the door drivers is open when i lock using the keyfob or door lock with key in the ignition it will unlock just the driver door. Not all 4.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If the door drivers is open when i lock using the keyfob or door lock with key in the ignition it will unlock just the driver door. Not all 4.

yeah id have to say its a safty feature so you dont lock your keys in your car while still in ignition...but i could have swore that all mine locked once...oh well....lol

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Just close lock all the other doors and manually (pushing the lock pin) lock and close your drivers side door with the remote in hand.. you'll still be able to unlock it.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
^ Not on my gen3 tecs? Remote wont unlock with key in the ignition.
Really? My buddy's G4 unlocks with the key in the ignition.. it just wont lock..:huh:

Odd. There are so many inconsistencies.. :mellow:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts