Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It runs parallel with the larger line you see behind it. It connects at the right to a vacuum junction box at a port labeled with an "S"

Is this the line that was causing my P0455 code? I've fixed the line, but I would like to know what that feeds.

Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply :)

That's not the AC line, the AC line is the thicker one behind the broken one in my photo.

Here's a photo showing the path the line takes. It starts out at the junction on the right and ends at... something on the left. Not sure what that device is, actually. But when I pull the line off now the engine stumbles a bit and revs higher. Maybe that's been the cause of my idle issues all along haha

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
the only t vac hose coming off the vac block is going to the manifold and the check valve. it starts at the S.
the po455 is either a bad gas cap, hole in the filler neck,cracks in the evap lines or the canister vent or purge valves could be sticking

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you guys sure? What component of the AC system does this line power, then? I've highlighted the actual line for you.

It does not meet a T junction anywhere.

(I've left this big so there's no mistakes). What is the device it terminates into?

·
Registered
23,352 Posts
That small rigid s line runs down near the green-capped emissions test port on the pass. firewall. Its a vac. source (supply, storage, hence the s) for the emissions system. The big ac line tees at a check valve with a smaller yellow line running to a storage vac. ball inside the pass. fender and a smaller black line running through the firewall. Both of these are for the hvac system. And yes, the broken s line could very well have caused your po455 code. Theres another larger black rubber vac. hose coming off near the green-capped evap. service port running to a metal line behind the eng. which hooks up under the tb at the front of the uim. The 2 rubber vac. hose sections at ea. end of the metal line should also be checked for leaks. The latter is true for a gen3 tec, but i assume a vulcan is similar, if not the same.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just a little extra info. Sheila was correct about that line. It definitely can cause the 455 code (Massive vacuum leak in EVAPS system). It can also cause the common 0171 and 0174 codes as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts