Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to this site and just bought a used 2015 Taurus SEL 3.5 L V6. I've had it about a month or so. Just noticed this broken part under the hood. Can anyone help identify this part? How long can I drive it like this? Car is running fine thus far. Please advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
From the 2011 service manual. Looks like a crankcase ventilation tube and quick disconnect. It may be broken off at the ACL outlet pipe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If that nipple in the ACL Outlet Pipe is open, you might want to cap it if the crankcase ventilation tube can't be immediately reconnected since it may currently be pulling unfiltered air into the engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good point. It will also really mess up your air/fuel ratio since it's letting air in after the air flow sensor. Although the O2 sensors will try to correct for it using the long term fuel trim.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Pull back on the grey tang to release broken off part out the broken piece. If the tang isn’t damaged, just buy a FORD OEM Air Cleaner Intake-Air Duct Tube Hose DA8Z9B659A. It’s a cake job. You’ll just need an 8mm socket to disconnect two hose clamps - one right after the MAF and one that connects the tube to throttle body. Otherwise, the vacuum rubber hose needs pulled up and replaced when you lay in your new duct tube.

See attached pic. Here’s one on ebay: FORD OEM Air Cleaner Intake-Air Duct Tube Hose DA8Z9B659A | eBay

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts