Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented tools from autozone

I used pulley removal tools, but found it was extremely hard to turn the nuts on the removal tools, I tried many times, but failed. I used all my force on the wrench.

I reviewed the youtube, the guy in the video is quite easy to turn the nuts. I do not know why my nuts is so tight.

How do I take pulley off? A longer wrench?

Any idea?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I rented tools from autozone

I used pulley removal tools, but found it was extremely hard to turn the nuts on the removal tools, I tried many times, but failed. I used all my force on the wrench.

I reviewed the youtube, the guy in the video is quite easy to turn the nuts. I do not know why my nuts is so tight.

How do I take pulley off? A longer wrench?

Any idea?
First you should soak the pulley shaft with PB Blaster on the pulley. I just used 2 wrenches. If it is off the car you could use an impact wrench for removing it with the Autozone puller. I took my pump out of the car and did it on a bench. It was easy peasy~~:lol2:

·
Registered
237 Posts
if it is in the car and you cannot get an impact on it then you need to do as he said and spray it with PB blaster and let it set for about 10 min and do it again and let it set for another 20 min then if you rented from autozone then the press to put it back on is in the kit use it and push it in a little bit to get some of the lubricant inbetween then try to pull it off! IF this does not work when i had to take off my PS pully i had to spray PB blaster then take a real fine sandpaper and rub on the shaft untill i got it cleaned up then the pully slid right off with no problem!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts