Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the goal...
I have a 2000 Ford Taurus SEL with the Duratec.... ive got 125k and im bored with the power, time to play. ive thought about superchargers and turbos for awhile, and while playing on the internet tonight, bored as i am, i stumbled upon a delightful enlightenment. the world reknown Noble M400 is powered by a modified Duratec 3.0L Ford V-6......the same engine i have in my car....see where im going with this.
Well after further research i discovered that the engine is manufactured by AER Manufacturing, Inc. in Carrolton, TX. I can get one completely built for about $4300 and being that i have family in TX shipping is cheap....now the question...will it work? and what would i be getting myself into? what do i have to do to get that engine to work in my car.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Good luck with that tranny!

Also, you might be able to get the long block for $4300, but that's NOT going to include the turbos and piping, I can almost guarantee that.

JR

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
This is the goal...
I have a 2000 Ford Taurus SEL with the Duratec.... ive got 125k and im bored with the power, time to play. ive thought about superchargers and turbos for awhile, and while playing on the internet tonight, bored as i am, i stumbled upon a delightful enlightenment. the world reknown Noble M400 is powered by a modified Duratec 3.0L Ford V-6......the same engine i have in my car....see where im going with this.
Well after further research i discovered that the engine is manufactured by AER Manufacturing, Inc. in Carrolton, TX. I can get one completely built for about $4300 and being that i have family in TX shipping is cheap....now the question...will it work? and what would i be getting myself into? what do i have to do to get that engine to work in my car.
[/b]

There are already a couple Contours with the AER block. Yes, you can make this engine work in the Taurus, but honestly, I think it's a waste of time and money. The Taurus trans is not up to the challenge. It can barely keep up with the meager Vulcan. Second, even if the trans was capable, delivery of all that power in a FWD is not going to be easy. FWD setups are limited to around 250fwhp.

My suggestion is to find a different platform to modify and keep the Taurus as a daily driver.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The AX4S in the turbo sho stood up to some abuse, it just doesn't like high RPM shifts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts