1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It broked.
Let's break it down:
Safelight: Nearly $300
U-pull-it: $50 + a couple tools from Harbor Freight.

I just want to know if its worth the savings to do it myself. and if so, can someone share their experiences? Can I even get it home without a bigger vehicle? will I need two people? Is there anyone that will install a used piece of glass for me?

Sorry. Just really trying not to lose it right now.

·
Administrator
15,076 Posts
I'd shop that price, the industry is more competitive than you might think and promo codes can be found. You might be able to get it done by a local body shop on the cheap as well

·
Registered
605 Posts
Is it something your insurance would cover?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem with insurance is they won't do anything without getting my parents involved. Ended up just going Safelite cause I really needed it done before I got home. And for once, I might just pull this stunt off

·
Super Moderator
8,008 Posts
I replaced a windshield once myself (no extra hands to help) years ago. It came out fine, but I will never do it again, at least without a few helpers.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The problem with insurance is they won't do anything without getting my parents involved. Ended up just going Safelite cause I really needed it done before I got home. And for once, I might just pull this stunt off
Sounds like you made a good call. Safelite did a nice job on my Taurus. Windshield as good as the original.

How did the windshield break? Did your parents notice the new, smooth, non pitted windshield yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts