Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
what gen?...and gen 1 and 2 already had the hookups for the eatc iirc...not to sure but i know you can do it on a gen 1

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I don't think it'd be plug and play. The electronic controls would fit, but then it becomes useless without the other stuff. Do you really think Ford would put those sensors and motors and stuff in every Taurus/Sable made and just used different contorls? I doubt it. If you have the dials, you'd need to get all the sensors and the electronics for the controls.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by sabledale@Dec 15 2003, 09:10 PM
Any other coments? how difficult would it be to change over?
Possible? Yes, definately.
Worth it? No way.

Way to much stuff to change over for what it's worth. Just search for "auto climate" in the archives and you will find numerous threads about this.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dosn't matter if you think it would be worth it or not. I may have a different view so I wanted to know the kind of work that would needed to be done so I could make up my own mind.
P.S. my thread is the only one that appeared apon searching for auto climate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by djnb40+Dec 15 2003, 09:16 PM-->QUOTE (djnb40 @ Dec 15 2003, 09:16 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-sabledale
@Dec 15 2003, 09:10 PM
Any other coments?  how difficult would it be to change over?
Possible? Yes, definately.
Worth it? No way.

Way to much stuff to change over for what it's worth. Just search for "auto climate" in the archives and you will find numerous threads about this. [/b]
Also try "eatc", "digital climate", "ACC"

You'll find quite a few threads about it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by sabledale@Dec 16 2003, 08:41 PM
Still nothing on changing this over. anyone done this so they know what it intales?
hmm...I'll try to see if I can dig it up. If I find it I'll post it here.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
just out of curiosity.... could you do this with a gen 4? i have dials in mine, and was wondering bout that..

·
Banned
438 Posts
My 1998 SE bull does have the EATC in it - how common/rare was the EATC in the '98 models?

I love my EATC and won't trade up to a Gen4 unless I could find one with the EATC in it.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by sabledale@Dec 19 2003, 01:21 AM
can anyone tell me how hard the switch would be?
Hard.

The fact that you have to remove the dashboard (yes, the whole thing) is enough to sway me away from the task.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Hmmm... maybe you can find a junked Sable of the same gen and just swap the dashes. That'd probably be a lot easier than wiring up the sensors in your own dash.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
You would definatly need a EVTM manual to get the diagrams. Pick one up on ebay and look to see what it all needs.

I think people are trying tell you that it is hard. Nothing is impossible if you have the money and time to do it. Electronics on cars can be a pain in the butt, be prepaired for ugly stuff as it comes up. But please find an EVTM, every owner should have one anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts