Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here's the situation i was riding down a major 4 lane road and cop was set up in a speed trap. My radar dector went off but it was to late and i was doing about 45ish in a 40 zone. Well i seen the cop start to move and then get on the road but by that time i was a 1/4 mile ahead of him and since i was close to home i cut down a side street and went home. The cop never seen. He didn't try very hard to catch me and he didn't turn his lights on. He also didn't get my plate # or seen what i looked like all's he had was what my car looked like. Now here's my Q, can that cop give me a ticket after the fact like if he see's me tomorrow or later tonight or something? and if he does pull me over can i fight it? What should i do?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I don't think so. Maybe he was just heading the same way you were going. If he was gonna nail you he would have done it there.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If he wanted to pull you over, he would have hit the lights and you would have been toast.

Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yup, i would say nothing to worry about. We could easily catch up and ticket you. If he didnt then most likely nothing can be done anymore.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I dunno. I would change the wheels to start with. Then repaint the car. Yeah, definitely repaint. Oh yeah. I would then burn the clothes you were wearing and always(never) wear a hat. Maybe a mustache too(or shave). You know what? Just sell the taurus, anonymously of course, and buy a Honda.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by DayOff@Mar 5 2004, 11:26 PM
I dunno. I would change the wheels to start with. Then repaint the car. Yeah, definitely repaint. Oh yeah. I would then burn the clothes you were wearing and always(never) wear a hat. Maybe a mustache too(or shave). You know what? Just sell the taurus, anonymously of course, and buy a Honda.
You might want to try some hormones also.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by DayOff@Mar 5 2004, 11:26 PM

You're fine Greg. But I'd still grow a moustache/shave.

·
Registered
933 Posts
haha tickets after the fact, stuipd. my gf's brother got a speeding ticket after he got into an accident, the cop saw the skid marks on the road and said yep, looks like you were doing about 25 over the limit, here's a ticket. and yes that is such BS he has no legal right whatosoever to do that, if they ever pull that kind of crap on you, don't take it. he was just hoping that he would pay it off, without fighting it, and the cop could call a ticketquota++; all you would have to do is tell the judge, look, he wasn't there, he didn't see anything, he can't write a ticket that like that! and in your case, he has no proof whatsoever that it was your car. chances are he wasn't after you anyway, I don't know any cops that would pull you for 5 over (although I'm sure there are some) don't give it a second thought, he won't bother you, and if he does, don't pay it off, take it to court, he can't possibly win.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by detroit_raver@Mar 8 2004, 12:38 AM
they have enough fools, like me, going 15 over..to catch.
Just don’t tell them about me going 55 over in a 25mph school AND residential area, when children were present...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't know any cops that would pull you for 5 over[/b]
Never been through Georgia have you? They'll pull you over because they don't like the color of your car. Then give you a 26 point inspection on the side of the road.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Prove it was your car, then prove you were driving, not possible, but on the other hand, here is something you all need to learn, when you see a cop DO NOT HIT THE BRAKES, just let off gas pedal. going home last night , met a state ride , i was doing 70 in a 55, i let off pedal, he pulled to shoulder(I'm falked), coasting, coasting, hey he not turning around WHEW, ok so it does pay to not hit brakes and make nose of car dive, or officer see brake lights, those 2 things tell them u know you were speeding, DON'T DO IT

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Originally posted by DayOff@Mar 10 2004, 10:30 AM
I don't know any cops that would pull you for 5 over
Never been through Georgia have you? They'll pull you over because they don't like the color of your car. Then give you a 26 point inspection on the side of the road. [/b][/quote]
That is soo true...cept for I-285 around atlanta...speed limit is 55...u have to go at least 65 or more or you'll be plowed over, and the cops dont seem to care. Good luck on the ticket thing Greg.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by SHO Continental+Mar 10 2004, 12:54 AM-->QUOTE (SHO Continental @ Mar 10 2004, 12:54 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-detroit_raver
@Mar 8 2004, 12:38 AM
Just don’t tell them about me going 55 over in a 25mph school AND residential area, when children were present... [/b]
wow. what a concidence.. where you the one who hit my dad last december... going 75mph in a 25mph... residential and school area? oh wait...that guys in jail. and my dads laying at home with one leg....

i would never of lectured before, but you might wanna think that one over before you ever do it again. cause someone doing the same thing has ruined my familys life forever.

and yeah, when ever i see a cop and i'm going way over the speed limit, i never hit my brakes. half of that is because i'm like "oh crap, not again" and i totally freeze up.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by detroit_raver+Mar 11 2004, 12:56 PM-->QUOTE (detroit_raver @ Mar 11 2004, 12:56 PM)
Originally posted by SHO [email protected] 10 2004, 12:54 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-detroit_raver
@Mar 8 2004, 12:38 AM

Just don’t tell them about me going 55 over in a 25mph school AND residential area, when children were present...
you might wanna think that one over before you ever do it again. cause someone doing the same thing has ruined my familys life forever. [/b]
I wasn't doing the same thing.. First I was going 80 not 75. Second, it was 3 lanes on each side of the road with an island in the middle, I was on the inner most lane and there were no other cars...

**Edit -- ahhh , sorry to hear about your Dad though DR...

·
Registered
933 Posts
I try to avoid hitting the brakes when I see a cop, I like the downshifting instead, gets your speed down really quickly also. but then again, I'd rather brake right before running into the radar beam than coast right through it still well above the limit. so he can tell that you were speeding, but he has no proof, want to give you a ticket for it? so go to court and ask one simple question, at the time in question, what did your radar gun say my speed was? even if he knows you were going faster, he can't tell how much faster, and he has no proof...unless you are dumb enough to do it in a wide open area with no other traffic around, then it might be pretty obvious.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts