Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

can anybody help me?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Struggle 
#1 ·
i got a 95 taurus. it just came home from the impound lot. Its been moved, 3 times, with out an ignition key. Now it doesnt shift from park. the shift handle moves but the the selector/ indicator doesnt move. My step father told me its probably the shift linkage.

1. i have a gerneral idea ware it is, but can some one provide a photo

2. how much of a pain in the a** is it gonna be to fix?

3. its and automatic.

thanx in advance people.

#2 ·
You need to find out if the shifter cable has been removed from the transmission first. You should see the cable ontop of the transmission at the shifter arm. If this is unhooked, it could just be as easy as repacing the clip.

#5 ·
Update

THANX FOR THE INFO PEP'S.

THE SHIFT LINK BACK CONNECTED. ITS KINDA LOOSE THO, AND WHEN I SHIFT TO PARK, IT REVS HIGHER THAN NORMAL. DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IMPROPER PROCEDURE? I JUST TOOK IT FOR A TEST DRIVE AND IT ACCELERATES A LITTLE, WITH OUT MY FOOT ON THE GAS.
GOT
ALSO!

I FEEL WHAT MAY POSSIBLY BE IMMISIONS FROM THE HEADS/BLOCK. WHEN I PUT MY HAND OVER THE HEAD, I FEEL HOT AIR PULSATING. WTF IS THAT? IS IT NORMAL. I HAVE A 3.8 BTW.

AND

THE DURN HEAD LIGHTS WONT COME ON. (also, car wont start with out jump)

I NEVER HAD THESE PROBLEMS WHEN I BOUGHT IT. AFTER I CAME HOME FROM THE IMPOUND LOT, ALL THESE THINGS HAPPENED. I JUST PUT A HALF TANK OF 87 IN IT, ITS IN NUTRAL, CHALKED, AND IS RUNNING TO ATTEMPT TO RECHARGE THE BAT.

PLEASE HELP GUYS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.