Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exhaust has a leak, probably either the seal where the rear manifold meets the "L" pipe that leads into the cat or the cat it's self.

So I figure hell, why not throw some headers on there and a nice muffler.

Can anyone find me a set (front and rear)? Thanks guys!

1999 Vulcan

·
Registered
670 Posts
Dorman #F6DZ9430J (Right side manifold)

Dorman #F6DZ9431R (Left side manifold)

Cat setups are expensiv around $450 for a Bosal 48 state. BOSAL Part # 0794127 @ Rockauto

You can probably weld up a Flowmaster Super 44 series on there but you will have to check dimensions and be looking for an inlet and outlet @ 2 inches

The stock muffler is about 18 inchs long without the inlet/outlet or 22 3/4 overall length

I don't think you can find any aftermarket headers though, just OEM direct fits

·
Registered
29 Posts
Why headers? You arent going to gain anything to brag about and the work involved isnt worth it. Just my 2 cents....you think u have a leak now....wait for those headers to keep coming loose and start leaking.

Now if you had a supercharged or turbo SHO...thats a different story! I would say YES!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Exhaust has a leak, probably either the seal where the rear manifold meets the "L" pipe that leads into the cat or the cat it's self.

So I figure hell, why not throw some headers on there and a nice muffler.

Can anyone find me a set (front and rear)? Thanks guys!

1999 Vulcan
Wow this leaky muffler seems like a common thing on a Taurus...Lucky for me it sounds pretty slick so no need to change it just yet ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts