Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i dont post much b/c im always on the go lately but this question is about my parents 2000 Taurus.

heres the email from my dad
---------------------------------

Derek,
These two sites(listed at the bottom) describe the same problem we are having, almost exactly. One of these actually say the problem is with the "camshaft synchronizers". If I could get that confirmed by more than one source, I can tell Jack(our mechanic) and he can fix it.

The problem is when I stop somewhere for a short time (gas, etc), I go to restart the car and it dies within a minute and won't start again. It will crank and crank forever and not fire. It happens once or twice every two or three weeks. Most of the time, if I wait 30 minutes, it'll start right up and be fine. Once in ahwile it's restarted in less time, but 30 minutes is the pattern. So far, every time it has restarted after I wait. I've gotten to where I can tell if it's going to happen, too. I'll start the car, and it'll start "chugging", sort of like it's missing, sputtering. At first, if I rev it, it will rev up, but in a matter of moments I can give it the gas, and it just chugs, eventually dying. It also smells strong of gas (not exhaust, plain gas), like it's flooded, when it happens. Go to these sites and you'll see the same thing. Maybe you can contact someone off these sites? Thank you for doing the research!

http://www.fordforum.com/m_38430/tm.htm

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1dlq9-...s-wagon-3-0-ohv
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanx y'all!

Kinderek

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there anyone who can help with this?...or maybe have some other clues as to what the problem might be. im trying to help my parents out before they take it to the shop Monday

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just talked to him and he said it hasnt. he did tell me it died right by a Ford dealer yesterday, lucky right?..well he got it in and and just asked if they could take a quik look at it. they are telling him it may be his MAF/O2 sensors going. he told me that they hit the sensor and it started right up and has been starting right up now. so maybe it could just be sensors bc i know when they get messed up it can run lean, smell gassy etc bc i my Taurus did that like 3 months ago...only i wasnt having the extreme stalling issues as my dads

1 - 5 of 5 Posts