Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have an 2002 3.0 OHV with about 130K, it died while merging into traffic. I have confirmed that I have good fuel pressure, the crank angle sensor is working, I have spark and injector signals verified by a noid light and an inline spark tester. I have replaced the CMP since it was easy to do and made sure that the back pressure was not impeding the car from running. It will start but immediately stall. If I continue to hold the key in the run position (oh, new ignition switch, electric part) it will randomly fire the noid light and spark it seems. I have gas in the tank also. On my CMP it has a dark blue with and orange trace and a grey with a red trace. I found that the drk blue/orange goes to the computer (pin24) and the grey/red goes to a bundle of grey/red wires in the harness above the transmission. So, which one is supposed to have the "greater than 10Volts"? I don't have 10 volts on either one. I do have a good connection on each wire and have checked the drk blue/orange from the connector at the CMP all the way to the computer and its good also. Looks like a bad ECM to me? Any ideas anyone? many thanks! OH, I don't have 10Volts on any of the grey/orange wires I've found.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts