Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one please give a detailed description or post a pic of where the camshaft position sensor is. The chirping is starting to get on my nerves and its killing my fuel mileage.
It would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Can some one please give a detailed description or post a pic of where the camshaft position sensor is. The chirping is starting to get on my nerves and its killing my fuel mileage.
It would be much appreciated.
[/b]
if you look at your engine find the oil cap. look up from that and youll see a your throttle body.. now between those two there will be a wiring harness with plastic taped around it.. right under that is the camshaft position sensor. it'll have a two wire plug coming off of it . just replaced mine..
hope that helps..

Ryan

pic for ya. it right in that area

·
Registered
388 Posts
Look at the pic for reference but its under the wiring harness going up into the engine to the left of the throttle cable. 7/32 wrench is the only way to get at it apparently.
( looked it up via google )

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The photo is of a 2000 Vulcan engine. The engine was different from 2001 on. I looked between the oil filler and the throttle and could not see it. Is it under the throttle cover?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts