Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make a after market high lift cam that would fit in to a gen iv taurus. Cuz i drove my friends celica gts yesterday and he had one and once it hit like 6500 rpm and the high lift cam started it really moved, and it sounded great.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by fojt19@Jun 17 2004, 07:11 AM
Do they make a after market high lift cam that would fit in to a gen iv taurus. Cuz i drove my friends celica gts yesterday and he had one and once it hit like 6500 rpm and the high lift cam started it really moved, and it sounded great.
at 6500 rpms, the vvtl-i(variable valve timing and lift w/ intelligence) kicks in. thats where all the pep comes from on his engine. What engine do you have? i know they sell cams for the vulcans. Duratecs...i have no clue about.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
You can use cams from a Contour SVT. The secondary cams have diffrent/longer duration. Doubt it will do much, but you can get a set for about 300 used. The only problem you may run into is the timing chain went from 8mm to 6mm (i think thoes are the correct sizes) on the tauruses. Im pretty sure the did the same thing on the contours. Both changes were made in the 2000's. Research a little to verify the info.

Heres the exact numbers:

98-00 2.54L & 2.49L SVT
Intake Open = 18 deg. BTDC primary & secondary
Intake Close = 52 deg. ABDC for primary
Intake Close = 60 deg. ABDC for secondary
Intake Duration = 250 deg. for primary
Intake Duration = 258 deg. for secondary
Exhaust Open = 61 deg. BBDC
Exhaust Close = 21 deg. ATDC
Exhaust Duration = 262 deg.

95-00-2.54L & 2.49L Non-SVT and 95-99 3.0L Non Lincoln

Intake Open = 17 deg. BTDC primary & secondary
Intake Close = 47 deg. ABDC for primary
Intake Close = 53 deg. ABDC for secondary
Intake Duration = 244 deg. for primary
Intake Duration = 250 deg. for secondary
Exhaust Open = 67 deg. BBDC
Exhaust Close = 13 deg. ATDC
Exhaust Duration = 260 deg.

Brad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.