Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get Gen4 headrests for my Gen3 as they look much nicer and are much bigger. However, I have heard that ford discontinued the "camel" color in the Gen4 models. Is this true?

If so, what is my alternative?

Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure about the colors, but from what I understand you could plug and play Gen 4 seats into your gen3 if you wanted to take that as an alternate route. I got full leather for my Gen 4 for $225 shipped on ebay.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I never heard of camel, but there is parchment that is available. Also in 2003 the head rests change a little bit. They are a little smaller and tilt WAY forward.

X

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Dec 30 2003, 09:46 PM
Also in 2003 the head rests change a little bit. They are a little smaller and tilt WAY forward.
Really?! I may consider doing a swap, since I do a lot of rush hour driving and it would be nice to rest my head on something

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The camel color is like a tan/brown/camelish color that was mostly available in the red/green/black SHO's and LX models.

The alternative to the gray color. I don't think 200+ has that color available. I would love to have the new headrests, but I don't think I can match up the color. Anyone know what number on the door is the color code?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts