Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my synchronizer shaft and rotor is is good shape can I just replace the sensor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Im hoping the check engine light saved me before it grenaded. (Although I haven’t looked into it yet)
It just came on out of the blue. No chirping or anything. It only has 53,000 miles on it. I was flushing the cooling system last week. Theres a hose close by on that side. Wonder if I maybe got something wet.
The CEL comes on as soon as I start it so we’ll see whats up tomorrow hopefully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boy! Did I dodge a bullet!
Sure enough the center ground contact(?) was torn off and the half moon shaped “rotor” was bent slightly at the leading edge. I blew out all the plastic and magnet trash out of there. I was able to straighten the “rotor” whilst using a small screwdriver as a feeler gauge from the rotor to the body of the synchronizer. Put new sensor in and held my breath. Started right up and CEL went out! Should be good to go! Counting my blessings!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh crap! I hope not.I know its relative, but this thing only has 53000 miles on it. I just assumed the plastic center pole broke off and jammed things up. I have no chirping or squealing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts