Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 2004 Ford Taurus. The owner said it threw off the cam sensor code. They replaced it but the light is still on and the engine idles rough. Does anyone have any ideas? Could it maybe be the crankshaft position sensor or the cam syncro? Seems like a good deal if I could make sure this isn't a major problem.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
there was another member here that had that code pop up. after cps and syncro replace it threw the code again. turned out to be a crank sensor gone bad. not saying this is the case but its worth a look.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the question I should have asked is. Is there anything that is a major deal breaker that can throw a camshaft position sensor code?

Could the syncro alone through the code?

Thanks

My guess is the syncro or the crankshaft position sensor but I don't know as much as the others here!

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
well... if the cps was replaced, was it aligned? a bad snycro might make noise. iirc the oil pump will fail if the syncro goes.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Cam sync hasnt been replaced yet, just the cmp (sensor) on top, so no alignment necessary. My guess is the ol po340. Maybe a fubared cam sync? Car prob. wouldnt start with a bad ckp (crank position sensor).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts