Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
74 Posts
The picture of the gold-looking parts looks like anodizing on aluminum parts rather than powder coating. If the parts are aluminum, it may be cheaper to get them anodized than powder coated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Gold would look cool though. A powdercoat would look much different then what I made. It has a totally different shine and look to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used PSP.. Paint Shop Pro.. but in Photoshop it should be the same.. just find where it says "Colorize" I just selected the the parts I wanted colored...and selected yellow as the color.

·
Registered
517 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by 3.0cammer@Jul 1 2004, 12:06 PM
sorry i did not post soonner

hey to change color you have to desaturate the part of the pic that you want to change the color of and then play with the color balance till you get the color you want

HTTP://www.conceptcarz.com/imgxra/forum/DSC04002.jpg' width='400' height='300' border='0' alt='Thumbnail - click on the image to get an original view' name='Thumbnail - click on the image to get an original view' class='attach' />[/url]
<font size='1'>[b]Thumbnail - click[/b]</font>
[/b][/quote]
:o niiiiice. B)

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Like he said about desaturation, those look pretty metallic to me. I'd drop the satch a little more, those look more transparent than powdercoat, which is thick and opaque.

Just swinging though... :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts