Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is really the only piece of information I'm curious about these that I don't have and can't find anywhere else about the Monroe Quick-Struts.

I'm looking for ride height measurements from those of you who have installed them on Gen 4s. If you've got them, if you could be so kind as to measure your car for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Here's what I'm looking for:

[attachmentid=24633]

Front and rear ride height, measured from the center of the wheel straight up to the fender lip, with the car unloaded and on level ground.

I'm asking because I've seen and heard about Quickstruts jacking up other cars past stock height, and I actually quite like the stance my car has in that picture, and I don't want it much higher.

Also, if anyone has any experience with the AC-Delco ready-mount struts, or just the struts themselves, I'd like to hear your opinion. I haven't heard of anyone using them on a Taurus yet, but I figured I'd ask even though I'm leaning heavily towards the Monroes at this point.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the monroe quick struts on the back of my 01 and the height of the back looks like yours that you have pictured.This summer I will be doing the fronts on it since ford wont replace my springs.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I put the rear quick struts on mine and its height looked maybe .25" to .5 " taller than yours. Not much of a difference really. Make sure you fill out the warranty for them. I already have one leaking and they are only a year old. And I haven't driven on any rough roads for the last 2 years :( .

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses :)

I already have one leaking and they are only a year old. And I haven't driven on any rough roads for the last 2 years[/b]
I live in a town with lots of uneven brick streets :noes: I wonder if that's common at all? I haven't really heard of that before.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I'm looking for ride height measurements from those of you who have
installed them on Gen 4s. If you've got them, if you could be so kind as to measure your car for me,

this is exact 15 1/4 in the back 15 1/2 in the front with nothing in the car adding weight per your red lines

oh yeah and thats with them being 9 months old so they had enough time to "settle in"
so far so good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts