Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey , was wondering if anyone around columbus or surrounding areas would be interested in helping me put an aftermarket head unit in my 98 se. I am ordering the schosche kit from crutchfield with new head unit. I'd be willin to pay someone if they are willing to help
Lemme know, I'm just not very well coordinated with stuff like making stereo installs look pretty (ok i'm lazy get over it, lol )
thanks in advance

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in columbus and i'm kinda torn between what head unit I want...I'm not looking for anything really expensive..around the 200 dollar mark, something that plays mp3s and has atleast 1 set of preamp outputs. Any ideas?

·
Registered
559 Posts
go pioneer b/c there are just flat out good radio's and what ever you do
don't buy sony they suck. I would come out and help you install it but thats
to far for me to drive you should just have the place you buy it from install it
I know right now you can get a pioneer DEH- 6600 witch is a realy good radio
for about $250 from best buy and they should in stall for free

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
You mean Sony Xplod sucks. Their old Mobile ES line was great.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I like my Clarion Pro-Audio unit...plays MP3's, supports playlists, 52wx4 output, sub output, 2 sets of other pre-out puts, and Aux. Input. Remote Control, detachable face, screen saver, adjustable bass frequency for both speakers and subwoofers (basically a built in crossover), adjustable treble frequency, remote amp turn on and power antenae(2 seperate wires) Dual Zone control (for minivan people...listen to radio up front, use preouts for an amp in back to watch a dvd) serius sattellite radio ready, CD-Changer/TV/DVD/MiniDisc controls...theres more but i cant think of it off my head. I paid $170 on ebay new in box. Anywhere else it ranges from $150-$299. I love the thing and I highly reccomend it. I'm using stock JBL speakers all the way around including the sub, and clarion rear speakers. However I suggest Infinity reference speakers, which i am getting soon. If you want help finding this unit PM me.

I beleive i have the CLARION DXZ638RMP

however there are a bunch more with less features...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts